Candied Fruit Drops
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Candied mixed fruit||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 350° F (180°C).
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter.
3) Electric Mixer Method cream butter.
4) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
5) Mix eggs and beat till done.
6) Mix vanilla extract and honey till done.
7) In a medium bowl mix flour and baking soda.
8) Beat well into the creamed mixture.
9) Mix fruit and nuts with hand.
10) Food Processor Method With metal blade in place cream butter.
11) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
12) Keep the processor running and add eggs, vanilla extract and honey and blend well.
13) In a medium bowl mix flour and baking soda.
14) Pour in the workbowl one half of the mixture at a time until blended.
15) Put fruit and nuts and pulse to blend well.
16) On the greased cookie sheets add one heaped teaspoon at a time.
17) Bake for 12-15 minutes till firm.
19) Keep on wire racks to cool.
20) Such baked delicacies can be stored and eaten anytime.
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg37.8%
Sodium 411.3 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 67.9 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet