Lunch Box Turnovers
|Cooked prunes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F
2) Take a saucepan and combine prunes, cooked apricots, sugar, cornstarch, salt and lemon juice in it.
3) Cook this mixture over low flame for about 5 minutes to make the filling
4) In the meantime, roll out pastry (on a floured surface), about 1/8 inch thick and cut into twelve 4 inch squares.
5) Now, place, 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling on each square and fold it over to form a triangle. Seal the edges and flute with a fork.
6) Further, prick holes in the triangles and bake in the preheated hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly tanned.
7) Allow to cool, and serve as desired.
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 137.5 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet