Lunch Box Turnovers
|Cooked prunes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F
2) Take a saucepan and combine prunes, cooked apricots, sugar, cornstarch, salt and lemon juice in it.
3) Cook this mixture over low flame for about 5 minutes to make the filling
4) In the meantime, roll out pastry (on a floured surface), about 1/8 inch thick and cut into twelve 4 inch squares.
5) Now, place, 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling on each square and fold it over to form a triangle. Seal the edges and flute with a fork.
6) Further, prick holes in the triangles and bake in the preheated hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly tanned.
7) Allow to cool, and serve as desired.