Exotic Rice With Tropical Fruits
|Long grain rice/Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Papaya||1⁄2 , scooped|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , finely chopped|
|Star fruit||1 , sliced into star-shaped slices|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop 1/3 papaya scoops and pineapple chunks and set aside for the rice. Reserve the rest for the fruit salad.
2) In a medium size pot, add the rice in chicken stock or water with 1 tablespoon butter over a medium heat and bring to a boil.
3) Then lower the heat to a simmer, stir once, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for about 20 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in another pan saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium-low heat for just a few minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir often until soft and lightly golden.
5) In another pan, toast some of the coconut stirring continuously over a medium heat until golden.
6) After the rice is cooked, stir the papaya, pineapple, onion and garlic into the rice until thoroughly mixed.
7) In a bowl, combine rest of the pineapple, papaya, toasted coconut and a little of the pineapple juice to make a cool exotic fruit salad.
8) Garnish the rice with star fruit slices and serve with the fruit salad.