Pineapple And Coconut Slices
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (Drained)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1) Set the oven to 350°.
2) Take a 12x8-inch baking pan and grease it.
3) Mix butter, sugar and flour together to a smooth mixture.
4) Bake the mixture for 10-15 minutes till browned after pressing uniformly over bottom of pan.
5) In the meantime start making the topping by beating the egg whites with clean beaters in a clean, dry bowl till they stand upright.
6) Take half of the sugar and slowly beat in until stiff and glossy.
7) Stir in the remaining sugar and coconut and melted butter.
8) Arrange the drained pineapple over the baked crust.
9) Layer the beaten egg white mixture uniformly over the pineapple layer.
10) Bake for 30-40 minutes, till the topping is browned.
11) Allow to cool completely.
12) Slice into 15 pieces.
13) Place them on a serving plate or store in an airtight container.