|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Muscat raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour mixed with baking powder and salt and beat on low speed until a stiff dough forms, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula. Divide dough in half
3. Between pieces of wax paper, roll out half of dough about 1/8 inch thick to make a 10-inch square. Place on baking sheet, still between sheets of wax paper, and place in freezer 10 minutes. Place remaining half of dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet, cover with a sheet of wax paper, and roll to make another 10-inch square. Remove wax paper.
4. Toss raisins with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Sprinkle evenly over dough on cookie sheet. Remove dough square from freezer. Peel off one sheet of wax paper. Using remaining wax paper for support, invert over dough and raisins on cookie sheet so that edges match edges of other dough square. With wax paper still on top, roll over dough with a rolling pin to seal; peel off and discard wax paper. With a moistened long sharp knife, cut into 16 (2 1/2-inch) squares but do not separate. With tines of a fork, pierce center of each square.
5. Bake squares 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a rack and let cool completely. Break into 16 squares where cut and store in a tightly covered container.