How to Make Grilled Fruit Skewers
|Mango||2 , peeled, seeded and cubed|
|Papaya||1⁄2 Large, peeled, seeded and cubed|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 , peeled, cored and cubed|
|Strawberries||1 Pound, washed|
|Butter pecan ice cream||1 1⁄2 Quart (1 Carton)|
1. Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a charcoal grill to medium heat.
3. Thread the fruit onto the skewers, beginning with strawberries, then pineapple, then papaya, and mango. Continue alternating among the four.
4. Grill the fruit, turning as necessary, for 6-8 minutes.
5. Remove the skewers from the grill and serve over scoops of Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
Calories 1027 Calories from Fat 442
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.4 mg74.5%
Sodium 203.8 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 114.1 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 74% Vitamin C 353.4%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet