Sweet stewed Dried Fruits
|Mixed dried fruit salad||18 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Half fat creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind strips||1 Tablespoon (Fine Pared)|
1. Place the fruits, apple juice, clear honey and brandy in a small saucepan.
2. Using a small, sharp knife or a zester, carefully remove the zest from the lemon and orange and place in the pan.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and oranges and add to the pan.
4. Bring the fruit mixture to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavours to blend.
6. Spoon the stewed fruit in 4 shallow dessert dishes. Decorate with a large spoonful of half-fat creme fraiche and a few strips of the pared orange rind and serve.