|Ripe jackfruit segments||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jaggery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Little More)|
|Powdered cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
1. Chop the jackfruit segments into small pieces. Add water and cook until very soft, then mash thoroughly.
2. Powder the jaggery and add to the cooked fruit, stirring all the while. Simmer for a while until thick and the mixture starts to form a mass.
3. Gradually add the ghee, a little at a time, stirring all the while. When all the ghee has been added cook on low heat until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the vessel (as in the case of halwa).
4. Add the cardamom powder, mix, remove from fire and cool.
5. Grease a container thoroughly with ghee, transfer the jam into it, even out the surface, and pour some hot ghee on top. Cool thoroughly before covering. It will keep for a couple of months.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.6 mg14.5%
Sodium 55.3 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 59.5 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet