Fruits De Mer Stir Fry
|Mixed shellfish||1 Pound, mixed (450 Gram, Fresh Such As Tiger Prawns, Squid, Scallops And Mussels)|
|Fresh root ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Green chilies||2 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Light soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Baby sweetcorn||7 Ounce, rinsed (200 Gram)|
|Asparagus tips||7 Ounce, trimmed and cut into half (200 Gram)|
|Mangetout||7 Ounce, trimmed (200 Gram)|
|Plum sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||4 , trimmed and shredded (For Garnish)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh, For Serving)|
1. Prepare the shellfish. Peel the prawns and if necessary remove the thin black veins from the back of the prawns. Lightly rinse the squid rings and clean the scallops if necessary.
2. Remove and discard any mussels that are open. Scrub and debeard the remaining mussels, removing any barnacles from the shells. Cover the mussels with cold water until required.
3. Peel the root ginger and either coarsely grate or shred finely with a sharp knife and place into a small bowl.
4. Add the garlic and chillies to the small bowl, pour in the soy sauce and mix well.
5. Place the mixed shellfish, except the mussels in a bowl and pour over the marinade. Stir, cover and leave for 15 minutes.
6. Heat a wok until hot, then add the oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the prepared vegetables, stir-fry for 3 minutes, then stir in the plum sauce.
7. Add the shellfish and the mussels with the marinade and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately with the freshly cooked rice.