Apricot And Ginger Crisp
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||15 Tablespoon (3/4 Cup Plus 3 Tablespoons)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 , grated|
|Fresh apricot halves||2 Pound (5 Cups)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, cut into 1 inch pieces and chilled|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. In a large bowl, combine the light brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of the flour, the grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the lemon zest. Add the apricots and toss gently until lightly coated. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon with the dark brown sugar, salt, and ground ginger. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Arrange the apricots, cut side down, in a single layer in the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and the topping is crisp.
5. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 103.3 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet