Rainbow Fruit Mold
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Orange flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Canned sliced cling peaches||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Sliced strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Firm Ripe Variety)|
|Canned mandarin orange sections||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix and chill each fruit-flavor gelatin, one at a time and 15 minutes apart, this way: Start with lemon-flavor gelatin, then strawberry, then orange; dissolve each in 1 cup hot water in a shallow pan, then stir 3/4 cup cold water into each; chill until syrupy-thick. (The time intervals of 15 minutes are important so all gelatins do not become syrupy at once.)
2. As soon as the lemon gelatin is syrupy-thick, place an 8-cup bowl (we used a kitchen mixing bowl) in a larger bowl of ice and water; pour 1/2 cup of syrupy gelatin into bowl and make a design of peach slices on top.
3. Let the layer set a few minutes, or until sticky-firm, then gradually spoon 3/4 cup more syrupy lemon gelatin over peaches. (Pour remaining 1/2 cup lemon gelatin into orange-flavor gelatin that is chilling. This will make all layers look of equal depth when the mold is turned out.) Let the lemon-peach layer set until sticky-firm, keeping bowl in bowl of ice until all layers have been added.
4. Next, fold the sliced strawberries into the syrupy strawberry gelatin; carefully spoon on top of sticky-firm lemon-peach layer in bowl, pushing some berries to edge so fruit will show when salad is unmolded; let stand until sticky-firm.
5. Fold mandarin-orange sections into orange-gelatin mixture; carefully spoon into the mold, pushing some sections to the edge; don't move until set, as bowl is filled to the top (add ice if needed). Remove bowl from ice water; chill overnight, or until very firm.
6. Beat cream till stiff in medium-size bowl. Unmold the gelatin by running a sharp-tip, thin blade knife around edge of bowl, then dipping bowl quickly in and out of a bowl of hot water; invert onto serving plate. Top with some of the whipped cream; serve remaining to spoon over.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2088 Calories from Fat 786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.6%
Saturated Fat 55.4 g277%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.8 mg109.6%
Sodium 995.8 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 147.2 g
Protein 162 g323.1%
Vitamin A 76.1% Vitamin C 80.4%
Calcium 51.8% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet