Party Fruit Tower
|Canned apricot halves||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned cling peach slices||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Miniature marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Drain syrups from apricots and peaches into a 2-cup measure. Cut the fruits into small pieces and set aside for Step 5.
2. Dissolve gelatin in hot water in a 4-cup measure; stir in 1 1/4 cups of the fruit syrup and lemon juice; cool to lukewarm.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth in a large bowl; blend in mayonnaise or salad dressing, then gelatin mixture. Set the bowl in a pan of ice and water to speed setting. Chill at room temperature, stirring often, just until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
4. While the gelatin mixture chills, beat cream until stiff in a small bowl.
5. Fold cut apricots and peaches, marshmallows and cherries into thickened gelatin mixture, then gently fold in whipped cream until mixture starts to mound softly. Spoon into an 8-cup mold. Freeze six hours, or until firm. (Overnight is best.)
6. When ready to serve, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of salad, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover mold with a serving plate; turn upside down; carefully lift off the mold. Garnish the salad and plate with watercress or small, crisp, lettuce leaves, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3017 Calories from Fat 1376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.6%
Saturated Fat 76.9 g384.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 494.3 mg164.8%
Sodium 1227.8 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 260 g86.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 189.2 g
Protein 165 g330.4%
Vitamin A 105.2% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 95.8% Iron 98.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet