Double Apricot Mold
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (4 Envelopes, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Canned apricot nectar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned unpeeled apricot halves||3 2⁄3 Pound (Use 2 Cans, 1-Pound 13-Ounce Each)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Day before, if desired:
1. In saucepan combine 3/4 cup sugar and gelatin. Stir in 2 cups apricot nectar. Heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved.
2. In large bowl combine remaining apricot nectar and lemon juice; blend in gelatin mixture. Pour into fancy 3-quart ring mold; refrigerate until needed. Early on day:
Drain apricot halves well. Now set aside 14 extra-nice, firm apricot halves. Press rest of apricot halves through sieve. Refrigerate all until needed.
Just before serving:
1. Stir 14 cup sugar into sieved apricots; then fold in cream, whipped. Refrigerate.
2. Unmold apricot mold onto serving dish; garnish with reserved apricot halves as pictured.
3. Now heap some of apricot-cream mixture in center of ring mold and on each apricot half. Serve in wedges; pass rest of apricot cream.