Golden Fruit Tray
|Canned pear halves||30 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned cling peach halves||30 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned whole unpeeled apricots||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 Ounce (1 can)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (white or dark)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
About 1 to 2 hours before serving:
1. On large broil-and-serve platter or tray, arrange drained pear halves, peach halves, apricots, Mandarin-orange segments, and pineapple chunks as pictured.
2. In small saucepan combine corn syrup, butter, almond extract, and lemon juice; heat. Brush liberally over fruit. (Refrigerate any extra fruit for later use in dessert or salad.)
At serving time:
1. Preheat broiler 10 minutes, or as manufacturer directs.
2. Broil fruit 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, brushing with more of syrup mixture.
3. Serve fruit hot, garnished with sprigs of mint. Let each guest help himself to fruit of his choice.