|Shiratamako||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100g, Mochiko - Glutinous Rice Flour)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100ml)|
|Katakuriko||1 Tablespoon (Potato/ Katakuri Starch, for dusting)|
|Anko||5 1⁄3 Ounce (150g, Sweet Red Bean Paste)|
|Strawberries||3 1⁄8 Ounce (6 pieces, 15g /0.53oz per piece)|
1. Separate the stem of the strawberry.
2. Split the pre made anko in half. Get 3 pieces out of each half and shape them into balls. You will have 6 Anko balls in total.
3. Press the anko ball with finger to make it flat and round.
4. Hold the tip of the strawberry at the center and spread the anko up to the stem.
5. Make sure to cover the strawberry from all sides and place them in a plate. Cover the plate with a plastic wrap to keep them moist.
6. Dust the baking sheet with katakuri starch.
7. Add either Shiratamako or Mochiko flour in a non stick bowl along with the sugar.
8. Start to combine, gradually mix in the water. Be sure not to leave any pockets of flour.
9. Turn off steamer and place the non-stick bowl of batter inside.
10. Replace the lid wrapped with a dish cloth and turn on the burner to high.
11. Cook the dough for 15 minutes on high.
12. Turn off the burner and remove the non-stick bowl.
13. Take a rubber spatula and stir the mochi until even.
14. Put the mochi on the khatakuri baking sheet.
15. Dust the mochi with katakuri starch. Take katakuri starch in your hand and divide the mochi in two halves. Then divide each piece in to 3 pieces. You will get 6 pieces of mochi balls.
16. Flatten each mochi ball into flat structure and brush ecxess of katakuri starch.
17. Hold the anko strawberry at the center and stretch the mochi up to the stem.
18. Reapply katakuri starch frequently onto your hands since katakuri starch is extremely sticky.
19. Place it on the baking sheet and shape up the rest quickly or the mochi will not stretch easily.
20 Cut into 2 pieces and enjoy.
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.08 g0.12%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82.6 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet