Fruit Shrimp Kabobs
|Canned unsweetened pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ripe cantaloupe||1 Small (Choose Firm Ones)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cored and cut in 32 pieces|
|Cooked shrimp||32 Medium|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Drain pineapple; reserve pineapple juice. Cut cantaloupe into quarters lengthwise. Using a melon bailer, cut 32 melon balls.
2. Place green pepper in a 1-quart glass casserole. Cook in microwave oven 1 to 2 minutes at High, or until tender. Cool.
3. Alternate cantaloupe, green pepper, pineapple and shrimp on bamboo skewers. Put 4 kabobs into a 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish.
4. Mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar and vinegar; pour one-fourth of liquid over kabobs. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes at Medium-High; turn and rearrange kabobs after 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Repeat procedure for remaining kabobs.