In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. This is a frosting to use on the Romantic Red Velvet Cupcakes, although it may be used on many kinds of cakes and cupcakes.
8 Ounce, softened
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
1⁄2 Teaspoon (or vanilla)
Sweetened flaked coconut
2 Cup (32 tbs) (or sweetened shredded coconut, if desired)
1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and using an electric mixer beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add butter and beat until smooth.
3. Drop coconut extract and beat to combine.
4. Add confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth.
5. Stir in sweetened flaked coconut.
6. Spread frosting on red velvet cupcake and serve immediately.
This will make about 4 cups of frosting and is enough to frost 2 dozen cupcakes.
You can store leftover frosting in freezer.