1. In a medium-sized bowl, add shortening, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar. Beat the mixture until crumbly.
2. Drop lemon juice, and whisk well.
3. Throw 2 cups of sugar alternately with 2 tablespoon of water. Whisk after each addition.
4. Beat constantly until frosting is of spreading consistency.
5. Cover it with saran wrap, and pop it in refrigerator for about 2 hours or until stiff.
6. For orange frosting, pour 2 drops of yellow color for each drop of red color. Mix well.
7. Decorate cookies with frosting and serve immediately.
Add more water or sugar if frosting is thick or runny.
Divide batter into equal portions if you want more than one color.