1) In a large non-stick pan spread sugar in the bottom.
2) Simmer very slowly until sugar melts and turns deep golden.
3) Gently stream in water, stirring constantly.
4) Heat until sugar dissolves completely in water.
5) Raise the heat to boil the syrup rapidly two minutes more.
6) Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool completely.
7) In a bowl, using an electric hand blender beat butter or margarine until smooth.
8) Whisk in the yolks until well blended.
9) Reserving 2 tablespoon of syrup for decorating cake, mix the remaining syrup alternately with sugar to butter mixture.
10) Beat the mixture until smooth and spreadable.
11) Use as desired to frost the desired cake.