Chocolate Velvet Frosting
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, and salt
2) Stream in boiling water and stir until well blended.
3) Heat the sugar mixture stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
4) Add chocolate squares and butter or margarine; continue cooking and stirring until chocolate and butter melts
5) Take the pan away from heat and stir in vanilla.
6) Transfer the chocolate mixture into a medium-size bowl.
7) Refrigerate, stirring several times, until thick enough to spread.
8) Spread over cake or cupcake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2357 Calories from Fat 782
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.3%
Saturated Fat 57.1 g285.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 538.1 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 409 g136.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61%
Sugars 301.2 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 28.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.8% Iron 86.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet