Frost On The Pumpkin Torte
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (2 Packages Of 8 Ounces Each, At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the butter, flour and walnuts.
3) Into 1 9x13-inch baking pan, press the mixture. Set aside.
4) Blend together the sugar, cream cheese, beaten egg yolks and vanilla and pour the mixture all over the prepared crust.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes; cool.
6) In milk, soften the gelatin and combine it with the sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in 1 2-quart saucepan.
7) Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes and then cool it.
8) In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites till they are frothy.
9) Beat in the powdered sugar very gradually till the eggs start to form stiff peaks.
10) Fold the mixture into the pumpkin mixture and pour it over the cream cheese layer.
11) Put the torte on a serving plate and serve slightly chilled. Makes a good dessert.