|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Undiluted)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a small mixing pan, melt butter over low heat and then remove the pan from heat.
2. Stir in brown sugar until smooth.
3. Return the pan to heat and bring the mixture to a boil over low heat with constant stirring for about 1 minute.
4. Again, remove the pan from heat.
5. Stir in cream and again heat over low heat to return the mixture to boiling state.
6. Let the mixture cool to 11 degrees Fahrenheit on candy thermometer or until the bottom of pan feels lukewarm.
7. Using a portable electric mixer or using a wooden spoon, beat in confectioners' sugar in the mixture at medium speed until the frosting is thick.
8. Stir in vanilla.
9. Place the bowl of frosting in a large bowl containing ice water until the frosting is thick enough to spread.
10. Use the frosting for filling and spreading over a cake.
After beating, if the frosting seems to be too thin to spread, gradually beat in a little more confectioners' sugar until the frosting reaches a desired consistency.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4259 Calories from Fat 1529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g267.6%
Saturated Fat 109.9 g549.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 496.1 mg165.4%
Sodium 60 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 695 g231.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 679.2 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 108.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 0.44%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet