Crunchy Fill or Frost
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Almonds/Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) In a small saucepan, melt the margarine over a low heat.
2) Stir in the honey and evaporated milk, stir continuously and boil for 6 minutes.
3) Stir in the almonds or pecans, coconut, rhubarb sauce, vanilla, salt and lemon peel.
4) Allow to simmer for 1 minute until the mixture is hot, then cool slightly.
5) Use the frosting to spread between 2 layers of a 8-inch square cake or frost on top.