|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, grated|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2 quart saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
2) Over low heat, cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Now, cook again, covered, for 2 more minutes.
4) Remove the cover.
5) Into the pan, insert a candy thermometer and boil the sugar until the thermometer registers 234 degrees. (If you do not have a candy thermometer, spoon a little of the boiling sugar into a cup of ice chilled water. It should form a soft ball when rolled between your thumb and forefinger.)
6) Then, remove the pan from heat.
7) With a wooden spoon, beat to a consistency required for spreading. You can add a little hot water if frosting is too stiff. If it is thin, add confectioners sugar to achieve the desired consistency.
8) Use as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2618 Calories from Fat 901
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.9%
Saturated Fat 64.8 g323.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.4 mg88.8%
Sodium 598.3 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 447 g149%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 408.5 g
Protein 13 g25%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 55.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet