Dairy Free Peppermint Frosting
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop|
1) In a bowl, blend the cream of tartar, egg whites and salt together at high speed until soft peaks form.
2) Slowly beat in the sugar until the mixture is glossy.
3) Then gradually beat in the vanilla and corn syrup.
4) Add the peppermint extract and blend well to mix.
5) Beat the mixture for about 6 minutes until stiff peaks are formed
6) Stir in the green food coloring, blend well.
7) Use the frosting to frost a cupcake or cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 969 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.94%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 740.5 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 120.2 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 3.9% Iron 0.61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet