|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan, place on low heat with ½ a cup of water and sugar.
2. Dissolve the sugar on low heat without stirring.
3. Prepare a cream of tartar paste with 1 teaspoon water and add to sugar syrup.
4. Place a candy thermometer in the pan and keep checking for the temperature as the mixture boils.
5. Allow the mixture to boil till a candy thermometer reads 240°F.
6. Take a bowl, add eggs and beat to stiff. Do this just before the mixture registers 240°F.
7. Take the syrup off from heat.
8. Wait till the mixture stops bubbling.
9. Once the mixture is fairly stable, pour on egg whites as a thin, long stream, beating constantly.
10. Beat till the frosting turns opaque and thick.
11. Mix 3 to 4 drops vanilla and use immediately to frost an 8 inch cake.
It is idea l to use a candy thermometer to record the temperature. In case it is not available, you can prepare a seven-minute frosting, which will be a little softer than the original.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1577 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g0.15%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 96.6 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 401 g133.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 400.1 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet