Fluffy Lemon Frosting
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||6 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (About 4)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, combine sugar, cream of tartar, salt, hot water and lemon juice.
2) Without stirring, cook the mixture up to a temperature of 240°F (on a candy thermometer) until a soft ball is formed when a little of the cooked mixture is dropped into cold water.
3) In the meantime, whip egg whites until they reach stiff stage but not dry.
4) Very slowly, add syrup to beaten egg whites, whipping continuously with rotary beater or electric mixer at high speed.
5) Mix in vanilla and grated lemon rind.
6) Use as required.