Orange Butter Frosting
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream/2 tablespoons orange juice and 1 egg yolk||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, add butter or margarine to cream until soft.
2) Slowly stir in 1 cup of the sugar and continue creaming.
3) Fold in orange rind and salt.
4) Alternately add remaining cup of sugar, cream or juice and egg yolk. Beat the mixture to smooth after every addition.
5) Prepare a spreading consistency, by adding sufficient quantity of cream.
6) Use the icing to frost the top and sides of two 8-inch layers or tops of two 9-inch layers.