Seven Minute Frosting
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup/1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In top of double boiler, combine egg whites, sugar, corn syrup and water.
2. With portable electric mixer or rotary beater, beat about 1 minute to combine ingredients.
3. Cook over rapidly boiling water (water in bottom should not touch top of double boiler), beating constantly, about 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
4. Remove from boiling water. Add vanilla; continue beating until frosting is thick enough to spread—about 2 minutes.
5. Use to frost side of Lemon "Cheese" Cake.