Orange Cream Cheese Cake
|Digestive biscuits||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (70 Gram)|
|Concentrated orange juice||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter, The Frozen Variety Gives A Good Strong Flavor)|
|Cream cheese||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
1. Grease an 8 inch flan tin generously with butter.
2. Crush the biscuits in a zip lock bag, using a rolling pin until they resemble cake crumbs.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter on a low flame. You can also melt the butter in the microwave.
4. Add the crushed biscuits to the butter and stir until crumbs are coated with butter and bind together, resembling cookie dough.
5. Turn the crumb mixture into the greased flan tin and press to spread evenly on the base and side of the tin.
6. In a large clean and dry work bowl, combine sugar and juice and stir until the sugar dissolves.
7. Add the cream cheese to the bowl and whisk until well blended with the juice and creamy and smooth in consistency.
8. Pour the filling into the flan tin and use a pallet knife or a spatula to spread evenly until it covers the biscuit crust. Gently tap the flan tin on the work surface to level the filling.
9. Cover the tin with plastic wrap.
10. Place the cream cheese cake in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or until set and chilled.
11. At the time of serving, remove cake from the refrigerator and sit the flan case on an upturned basin, to unmould the cake.
12. Gently transfer to a pastry stand or a flat dessert plate.
13. Slice at the table.