Chocolate Frosting with Heavy Cream
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add egg yolks to beat by adding sugar.
2) Add cream and salt to the egg mixture.
3) In a double boiler, place chocolate on the top part to melt in over hot water.
4) Pour the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate and stir in.
5) Place the mixture on hot water to cook by constant stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the liquid gets thick.
6) In another bowl, whip butter to a creamy consistency.
7) Gradually add chocolate mixture by 1 tablespoonful at a time and beat to blend.
8) Allow chilling the mixture till it reaches a spreadable consistency.
9) Use the frosting to spread between the layers and cover on sides and top of the 7 layer cake.