|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners' sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Maple flavor||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Melt butter in a 1-quart glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at HIGH).
2. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at HIGH.
3. Stir in milk gradually. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes at HIGH; stir every 30 seconds.
4. Blend in confectioners' sugar and maple flavoring.
5. Add cream if a thinner consistency is desired.