Chiacchiere (Sweet Carnival Fritters)- Italian
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Liqueur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||300 Milliliter|
1. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and knead until you mix everything, once done turn the mixture on a worktop which is lightly floured and continue to knead for 5-10 minutes or until your get smooth dough.
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Once the dough is ready divide it into 4 equal parts about 9 oz each and start to roll the dough one at a time, use the pasta machine to roll the dough into a thickness of 1/10 of an inch.
4. Starts cutting the chiacchiere, use a crimped or smooth roller make rectangles.To make the classic shape, cut two small lines into the centre like this.
5. In a large frying pan heat the oil and the temperature of the oil should be 340 -- maximum 350 degrees F, fry the chiacchere and sprinkle powdered sugar when it’s done.
6. Serve the chiacchere along with your tea.
When you pass the dough through the rollers, be sure that it doesn't break up and that holes don't form in the dough that's coming out. If this happens, knead the dough back into a ball and repeat until it comes out of the machine smooth and compact.
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.6 mg28.5%
Sodium 80 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.3% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet