Today we'll prepare with Sonia the Fun-Fair fritters, a simple yet succulent sweet treat that can be easily found at fun-fairs or village festivals... a real temptation!
1. In a container, combine milk, sugar and salt stir and then add the grated zest of 2 lemons and keep it aside.
2. Sift flour in a bowl and add vanilla pod, add the milk in the stand mixer mixing bowl attach the dough hook.
3. Now add 1/3 of the flour mixture until you have a liquid batter, next add the crumbled brewer's yeast; knead for 3 minutes, then add the remaining flour until you get smooth and even dough.
4. Add the butter to the dough; let the butter mix well with the dough. Place the dough in a greased bowl and brush the top with the vegetable oil then cover with cling film and let it rise for at least 90 minutes.
5. Once the dough is raised turn it over onto the worktop. Form the dough into a loaf, and then cut into pieces of about 3,5 oz (100 g) each and form it into balls.
6. Arrange them on a baking pan lined with a clean cloth, leaving some space between them and let them rise, this time for 30 minutes
7. Once the dough have doubled in volume, take one at a time stretch and flatten, leaving the edge a little bit thicker until you reach a diameter of about 6-8 inches (15-20 cm).
8. Once the fritters are ready start frying them in hot oil, the temperature of the oil should be around 335-350°F (170-180°C it shouldn't be too low either, that is under 300°F (150°C), or your fritters will get soaked with oil.
9. After that remove the fritters and place it straight in the pan which has the powdered sugar and coat the fritters well. Do the same with the remaining fritters.
10. Serve the fritters hot.
To form the perfect round dough, take a piece of dough and, using the palm of your hand roll it into a ball, without pressing too much,