Zucchini Fritter and Spicy Slaw Sandwich
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped (for fritter)|
|Zucchini||2 , grated (for fritter)|
|Egg||2 , beaten (for fritter)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (for fritter)|
|Pickled peppers||6 Tablespoon (Uncle Garys Gourmet Peppers, for fritter)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste for fritter)|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (to taste for fritter)|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for fritter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for fritter)|
|Ranch dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (spicy cabbage slaw)|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon (spicy cabbage slaw)|
|Cabbage||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated (spicy cabbage slaw)|
|Pita bread/Hoagie roll||6 (for sandwich)|
1. Grated zucchini and drained it in a tea towel. Place it in a large mixing bowl, and keep it aside.
2. Cut pita bread into half and keep it aside.
3. For fritter, in the mixing bowl with zucchini, add green onion, egg, parmesan cheese, pickled pepper, salt, and pepper.
4. Throw flour in bowl, and mix them together.
5. In a frying pan , heat ¼ inch oil, ladle the mixture, and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
6. For dressing, in a bowl, mix French dressing, and chilli sauce. Pour the dressing over shredded cabbage. Mix well.
7. Into pita pockets, spoon cabbage mixture, and place fritter. Top with more cabbage slaw.
8. Serve fritter sandwich immediately.
Instead of Parmesan you may use any kind of cheese, depending on your choice.
Calories 1009 Calories from Fat 642
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.8%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 1366.4 mg56.9%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 67.8%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet