These baby-frittatas are not only petite and cute, just like a baby's tushy, but they're also delicious. There were several adults over when I made them and we left Kenya with only 2. Good thing they were so fast and easy to make, so I could easily whip together another batch. Even better is that every baby-frittata has a protein from the egg, two vegetables and a dairy.
Asparagus is a nutrient-dense vegetable high in folic acid and also a good source of fiber. Besides their beautiful bright green color, in my experience, wee ones love them. With the addition of parmesan to add a salty flavor and sun dried tomatoes to add a little tang, these baby-frittatas will be a hit with everyone in the family. You could even serve them at a party for hors d'oeuvres.
2 Tablespoon, grated
60 Gram, diced (about 1/4 cup)
Sun dried tomato pesto
3 Small, diced (use the ones packed in oil)
1. Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
2. Spray or grease mini muffin tins with oil or butter.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese, tomatoes and
4. Add a heaping tablespoon of egg-vegetable mixture to each muffin cup.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6. Cool and serve with a dipping sauce or ketchup if you like.