Quick and Simple Fritter Batter
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Into a large bowl, ift together the flour and salt.
2) Make a little depression in the centre of the bowl, by pushing the flour to the sides.
3) Into the depression, pour in the corn oil and a little bit of warm water.
4) Using a fork or your hands, work the ingredients into a smooth dough.
5) When there are no more lumps in the batter, add in the rest of the water.
6) Whisk the egg whites and keep ready. Fold in the whites just before using the batter.
7) This simple batter is used for making fritters, which need to fried.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 358.1 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet