Golden Tripe Fritters
Butter - 2 oz [50 g]
A little milk
Tripe - 1 lb [500 g], cooked
Egg - 1
Flour - 1 teacup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Salt and pepper
1) In a bowl, combine potatoes butter and milk and beat well.
2) Transfer to a deep plate and spread over base, pushing potatoes up the sides well.
3) Cover the base with foil and place in hot oven at 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6, till the firm and golden brown.
4) Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
5) Add in the egg and milk and beat till the mix is smooth.
6) Coat pieces of tripe with the batter and deep fry till golden.
7) Arrange fritters upright on the layer of potatoes.