Milk - 1/2 cup
Whole kernel corn - 1 can (12 ounces)
Crisco - 1 tablespoon, melted
Sifted flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Crisco for deep frying
1. Preheat the Crisco to 375°
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg and the milk and mix well
3. Add the corn and the melted Crisco to another pan and mix well.
4. Add the flour, sugar, salt and the baking powder to the bowl and mix well again
5. Add this to the egg mixture and mix till just combined.
6. Use a teaspoon to drop mounded heaps of the mixture into the hot oil and fry till golden. This will take 4-5 minutes. Drain them on paper toweling
7. Serve hot with maple syrup.