Banana Ham Fritters
|Bananas||2 Pound, peeled (6 Whole Medium Sized, Medium-Ripe)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a medium skillet, pour one inch of water and then bring it to the boil
2. Add the bananas to the pan along with salt and pepper and cook covered over medium heat.
3. Drain the bananas and return to the pan to dry out slightly.
4. Mash the bananas and let aside to cool
5. Prepare skillet with hot salad oil. The salad oil should be around 375F
6. In a medium bowl, combine the ham, mozzarella and milk and mix well. Divide this into eight parts
7. On a waxed paper sheet, flatten the ¼ cup of mashed bananas to form a 3-1/2 inch round. Place the ham mixture in the center of the cup and then fold the banana over the ham covering it completely.
8. Roll this in bread crumbs and then dip in egg
9. Reroll in crumbs and shape into oval croquettes that are 4 inches long. Repeat with the rest of the mixture
10. In the hot oil, deep fry a few of the fritters at a time till golden. This will take 2-3 minutes per fritter.
11. Drain on a paper towel
12. Serve hot with lemon wedges and ketchup