Walnut Rice Fritters
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Maple syrup||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
2) Beat in the eggs, milk and oil, until smooth.
3) Stir in the rice and walnuts, mix thoroughly.
4) In a frying pan, drop the batter by teaspoonfuls into deep hot fat and fry, until golden-brown.
5) Serve the Walnut Rice Fritters, immediately on individual serving plates with maple syrup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3212 Calories from Fat 1183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.7%
Saturated Fat 29 g144.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 681.9 mg227.3%
Sodium 2611.4 mg108.8%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 44.5 g
Protein 71 g141.6%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 80.7% Iron 100%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet