|Canned whole kernel corn||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) Drain the corn from can.
2) In two bowl, separate egg.
3) In a mixing bowl, sift flour and pinch of salt.
4) Put egg yolk in the flour mixture by making a hole in the middle of the mixture.
5) Putoil and grated lemon rind as well.
6) Mix until a smooth batter forms.
7) Add a little water if necessary.
8) In another bowl, beat egg white until stiff.
9) Fold the egg into batter with corn.
10) In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 340°.
11) Drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil -be careful because corn can burst - a few at a time, and fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
12) With a spatula, remove corn fritters and drain on paper towels.
13) Keep warm while frying the rest.
14) Sprinkle grated Parmesan over corn fritters and serve hot.