Geneva Cheese Fritters
|Cheese||1 Pound, cut into 8 sliced, 1/2 inch by 3 inch square|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), warmed|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Into a bowl, sift the flour and use a pinch each of salt and pepper to season the flour.
2) In the center, make a well and break the egg into it.
3) Work the egg gradually into the flour.
4) Add about half the wine and stir it slowly into the mixture.
5) Beat the mixture well and then stir in the remainder of the wine. Fold in the egg whites.
6) With the mustard, spread the cheese slices thinly.
7) Dip the cheese slices into the fritter batter.
8) In very hot deep fat, fry the prepared cheese slices till they are golden on both the sides.
9) Serve the fritters while they are still hot. Place on a decorative serving platter and serve as an appetizer or a snack.