Sweet Corn Fritters
|Nonfat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Keep a cheese cloth or a coffee filter over a strainer.
2) Place it over a bowl.
3) Fill yogurt into it and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
4) Pour it in a small bowl.
5) Add apple sauce. Whisk to combine. Keep aside.
6) In a food processor add corn and chop with on/ off turns until crushed. Do not puree.
7) Keep it in a medium bowl.
8) Mix egg substitute and milk.
9) Mix flour, baking powder, chives, and oregano.
10) Add additional milk to the batter to thin it if required.
11) Keep a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
12) Grease lightly with oil.
13) Drop heaped teaspoonful of batter at a time into the pan.
14) Cook the fritters for about 4 minutes on both sides.
15) Follow the same process until all the batter is used.
16) Serve fritters with sauce.