Party Corn Fritters
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked whole kernel corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), or canned, well drained|
|Vegetable oil/Vegetable shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
1. In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. In a separate bowl combine eggs and milk.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and the corn bowl. Beat well using a wire whisk.
4. In deep hot fat (375°) frying pan, drop a teaspoon of the batter and fry until golden brown on both sides.
5. Place towelling paper or serviette on the side to drain
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce.