|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash eggplants and peel them.
2) Cut crosswise into slices 1/2 inch thick; then cut into 1/2-inch sticks.
3) In large bowl, toss eggplant with salt.
4) Let stand for 20 minutes then drain.
5) On paper towels, dry the eggplants.
6) Meanwhile, in electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, slowly heat oil (at least 1-1/2 inches) till deep-frying thermometer shows 375 F.
7) Make Batter: In a medium bowl, sift flour with baking powder, salt, and pepper.
8) Add eggs, milk, and oil to flour mixture.
9) Using a portable electric mixer, beat until smooth and well combined.
10) Dip eggplant sticks into batter, coating completely,
11) Shake off excess batter.
12) Deep-fry 2 minutes on each side, or just until golden-brown.
13) Fry in batches.
14) With slotted spoon, remove the fritters from fryer; drain on paper towels.
15) Keep warm in very low oven while frying rest.
16) Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
17) Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with green chutney or ketchup.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg18.3%
Sodium 925.2 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet