1) In a bowl add ricotta and goat’s cheese and spices and mix well. Lemon zest and lemon juice come next. Mix well.
2) Add crab meat and pistachios and mix well.
3) Using a piping bag stuff the squash blossoms with the mixture depending on the size of the blossoms and pack the petals to a close.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan at 375 degrees. As the oil is heating for the tempura batter in a bowl sift flour and crack an egg and slowly add in some ice cold water and whip batter will smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
5) Dip the blossoms in the batter and fry till golden brown.
6) Serve with lemon quarters and cilantro for added flavor.
Seafood and fruit is a rare combination and here is a recipe using the combination. Check out Stephanie Harris making Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Crab and Goat Cheese with ingredients picked up from the local farmer's market. Freshness in a prepared food, enjoy!