Crispy Corn Fritters
|Corn/1 can fancy cream-style corn||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), ground|
|Green chili||1 , chopped finely|
1. In a bowl, sift flour with salt and add sugar.
2. Add eggs and whisk to a smooth batter.
3. Fold in fresh or cream style corn into the batter.
4. In a frying pan, melt a little butter or heat a little oil.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot skillet to make small cakes.
6. Fry until golden on one side then flip over with a pancake turner and fry on the other side.
7. Remove and drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in a warmed oven while frying the remaining batter.
8. Serve the patties hot and crispy with fried ham or sausage
Add a little milk to fresh corn and lightly grind to get the consistency of creamed corn if corn is very starchy and too thick.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1444 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.2 mg151.7%
Sodium 1694.4 mg70.6%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.4 g85.6%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 60.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet