Pot Roast Belly Of Pork And Pork Fritters With Apple Rings
|Pork belly||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Powdered sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||3 , halved|
|Apples||8 Ounce, peeled, halved (Sharp Flavored)|
|Nut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wipe the meat clean and remove the bone, if any.
2) Season with salt, papper and sage and either roll the joint and tie it securely or score the skin and leave it unrolled.
3) In a large heavy pan, heat the dripping and place it in the joint, keeping the skin side up. To enusre crisp crackling, rub some salt onto the skin and do not turn it while the meat is cooking.
4) Add in the apples and onions and use a tight-fitting lid to cover the pan. Cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove the lid during the final 30 minutes of cooking to crispen the meat.
5) Remove the cooked joint from the pan and keep it warm. Rub the apples and onion through a sieve in order to make a puree and then add a pinch of sugar and a nut of butter.
6) With the fat and flour, prepare a thin gravy.
7) Season the gravy and then strain it.
8) Serve the pork hot after slicing it, with the gravy, apple sauce, roast potatoes and braised celery on the side.