1) In a medium-size saucepan add oil, 1 cup water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil.
2) Remove from heat and add flour beating till smooth. The batter will be thick and form dough. Let cool.
3) In a medium-size skillet fill with oil 1/2-inch and heat over medium-high heat till oil registers 375 degrees on deep-fat thermometer.
4) Place paper towels in platter.
5) In a cookie press or pastry bag fitted with 3/8-inch fluted tip add the batter. Pipe out 5-inch lengths flute, several at a time and add into hot oil one inch apart. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning brown evenly.
6) Transfer fritters to the platter with tongs. Let it cool and fry for another minute. Fry the batter in similar process.
7) In brown paper bag, put warm fritters with cinnamon sugar and dredge. Serve immediately.